- Autocomplete text with @mention, #hashtag or any other prefix
- A self-sizing
UITextViewwith an optional fixed height (can be replaced with any other view)
- Image paste support
- Autocomplete attributed text highlighting
- Reactive components that respond to given events
InputStackViews that act as toolbars to place buttons
- Drop in attachment view for file/photo management
- Plugin support for your own
- Compatible with all iPhones and iPads
- RTL Support
Installation via Swift Package Manager (SPM)
The Swift Package Manager is a tool for automating the distribution of Swift code and is integrated into the
Once you have your Swift package set up, adding InputBarAccessoryView as a dependency is as easy as adding it to the dependencies value of your Package.swift.
dependencies: [ .package(url: "https://github.com/nathantannar4/InputBarAccessoryView.git", .upToNextMajor(from: "6.0.0")) ]
You can also add it via Xcode SPM editor with URL:
iOS 13.0+ Swift 5.5
The latest iOS 12 release is v5.5.0
CocoaPods and RxExtensions were removed in 6.0.0
The latest iOS 11 release is v5.1.0
The latest Swift 5.0 release is v5.1.0
The latest Swift 4.2 release is v4.2.2
See the Example project to see how you can make the iMessage, Slack, Facebook and GitHawk input bars!
Add your app to the list of apps using this library and make a pull request.
- MessageKit (renamed to MessageInputBar)
- MessageViewController (Autocomplete Highlighting Algorithm)
iMessage style TypingIndicator for chat apps
UITextViewDelegatemethods not being called
- Fixed warning for Xcode 14
- #230 Added additionalInputViewBottomConstraintConstant to KeyboardManager as a way for providing additional bottom constraint constant offset for inputAccessoryView. Example implementation can be found in AdditionalBottomSpaceExampleViewController
- Breaking change: Drop iOS 12 support
- Breaking change: Drop CocoaPods support & RxSwift extension (it was available only via CocoaPods)
- KeyboardManager will not update position of inputAccessoryView from interactive dismiss panGesture when the keyboard is floating
- Update docs
- Update SPM tools to Swift 5.5
- Added new optional delegate method for custom attachments size
- Added new animations for left/right stack view constraints
- Make sure framework is ready for Xcode 13
- Fix availability in AppExtensions
- Fix Package.swift to support iOS 12+ only
See CHANGELOG for more details and older releases.
Find a bug? Open an issue!
The layout of the
InputBarAccessoryView is made of of 4
InputStackView's and an
InputTextView. The padding of the subviews can be easily adjusted by changing the
textViewPadding properties. The constraints will automatically be updated.
It is important to note that each of the
InputStackView 's to the left and right of the
InputTextView are anchored by a width constraint. This way the
InputTextView will always fill the space inbetween in addition to providing methods that can easily be called to hide all buttons to the right or left of the
InputTextView by setting the width constraint constant to 0. The bottom and top stack views are not height constraint and rely on their
func setLeftStackViewWidthConstant(to newValue: CGFloat, animated: Bool) func setRightStackViewWidthConstant(to newValue: CGFloat, animated: Bool)
InputBarButtonItem has properties that can hold actions that will be executed during various hooks such as the button being touched, the
UITextView text changing and more! Thanks to these easy hooks with a few lines of code the items can be easily resized and animated similar to that of the Facebook messenger app.
// MARK: - Hooks public typealias InputBarButtonItemAction = ((InputBarButtonItem) -> Void) private var onTouchUpInsideAction: InputBarButtonItemAction? private var onKeyboardEditingBeginsAction: InputBarButtonItemAction? private var onKeyboardEditingEndsAction: InputBarButtonItemAction? private var onKeyboardSwipeGestureAction: ((InputBarButtonItem, UISwipeGestureRecognizer) -> Void)? private var onTextViewDidChangeAction: ((InputBarButtonItem, InputTextView) -> Void)? private var onSelectedAction: InputBarButtonItemAction? private var onDeselectedAction: InputBarButtonItemAction? private var onEnabledAction: InputBarButtonItemAction? private var onDisabledAction: InputBarButtonItemAction?
Nathan Tannar - https://nathantannar.me Jakub Kaspar - https://jakubkaspar.dev
Distributed under the MIT license. See
LICENSE for more information.