Using Releases you can easily resolve all released versions from a Git repository, in either a Swift script or command line tool. It supports both remote & local repositories and provides convenience APIs for sorting, filtering out pre-released versions, etc.
Releases.versions(for: url) and you'll get an array of
let url = URL(string: "https://github.com/johnsundell/unbox")! let releases = Releases.versions(for: url) // Print the latest version print(releases.last)
Remove all pre-release versions (like
let url = URL(string: "https://github.com/johnsundell/unbox)! let releases = Releases.versions(for: url).withoutPreReleases() // Print the latest stable version print(releases.last)
- Install Marathon.
- Add Releases to Marathon using
$ marathon add https://github.com/JohnSundell/Releases.git.
- Alternatively, add
- Write your script, then run it using
$ marathon run yourScript.swift.
For command line tools
.package(url: "https://github.com/JohnSundell/Releases.git", from: "2.0.0")to your
- Update your packages using
$ swift package update.
Help, feedback or suggestions?
- Open an issue if you need help, if you found a bug, or if you want to discuss a feature request.
- Open a PR if you want to make some change to Releases.
- Contact @johnsundell on Twitter for discussions, news & announcements about Releases & other projects.